9,586 total views, 2 views today
These days, the use of “Microsoft Teams” is booming due to the global work from home trends as the COVID-19 lockdown has been keeping on extending. As of May 02, 2020 news report, “Microsoft Teams Jumps to 75-Million Daily Active Users”. In this article, I will summarize the top 10 Microsoft Teams features for your business in May 2020.
The future of work: Microsoft Teams vs. Slack
As we see the graph, the demands and uses of “Microsoft Teams” have been increasing year by year, so, to make this product more exciting, Microsoft constantly has been adding new features to the Microsoft Teams. Here, I have listed out the new features added to the “Microsoft Teams” in the year 2020 from January to May (15th) statewide.
New features in Microsoft Teams – 2020
May 15, 2020 :
- Raise your hand in a meeting,
- Roll call!
May 13, 2020 :
- Meetings are going 3×3
May 1, 2020:
- Channel analytics have arrived
- Add system audio to live events
April 20, 2020:
- Let attendees who dial in bypass the meeting lobby
April 17, 2020:
- Announce when callers join a meeting
April 10, 2020:
- End the meeting for everyone
March 20, 2020:
- Improvements to the Teams calendar
- Work offline in the Windows desktop app
March 6, 2020:
- Tag, you’re it!
February 28, 2020:
- Have no fear, editing is here!
February 21, 2020:
- Pin your favorite apps
January 28, 2020:
- Here’s your receipt
January 17, 2020:
- Windows Server gets the desktop app
January 10, 2020:
- Say hello to display names
May 15, 2020: Raise your hand in a meeting:
The “Raise your hand in a meeting” was released as part of May 15, 2020 Teams new feature releases. If you have a question or comment during the meeting you can virtually raise your hand without interrupting the speaker -so that other meeting attendees will get know, if you have something to say. This will place a gold hand icon on your video feed to let the rest of the attendees know that you’d like to speak. This will be like below:
May 15, 2020: Roll call!
The “Roll call!” was released as part of May 15, 2020 Teams new feature releases. This feature was introduced considering the college, school students while the teacher conducts the online classes, however, in the corporate meeting also it can be used. Generally, this is exactly the same way how the teacher used to take roll call for the student attendance – this is the virtual way of doing the same thing.
How can we generate the teams meeting attendance report?
To get your attendance report, select Show participants (Show participants icon) > Download attendee list. The meeting attendance report can be generated in CSV file and after downloading, we can open in excel file, that we can format as per our needs. We can get the below information about the meeting attendees from the report:
- Join Time
- Leave Time
May 13, 2020: Meetings are going 3×3
The “Meetings are going 3×3” was released as part of May 13, 2020 Teams new feature releases. Now, we can see the team meeting in the format 3X3 video grid – meaning at a time 9 persons can attend the video call. However, this feature will be rolled out over a period of time in phase-wise.
May 1, 2020: Channel analytics have arrived
The “Channel analytics have arrived” was released as part of May 1, 2020 Teams new feature releases. Using the analytical report – now we can generate the channel metrics report for a team for the last 90 days – by the way, earlier it was till 30 days.
How to Generate the “Teams analytics metrics report”?
From your teams list, go to the team and select More options > Click on the Manage team > Click on the Analytics tab.
May 1, 2020: Add system audio to live events
The “Add system audio to live events” was released as part of May 1, 2020 Teams new feature releases. It is as usual Teams meetings, using this now we can include the system audio when presenting in the live event. Presently, the “Add system audio to live events” feature is only available for the presenters and the producers joining the Teams from the Teams desktop app for windows.
April 20, 2020: Let attendees who dial in bypass the meeting lobby
The “Let attendees who dial in bypass the meeting lobby” was released as part of April 20, 2020 Teams new feature releases. Using this feature now, it allows callers to instantly join your next Teams meeting without having to wait in the lobby. That way you won’t have to stop in the middle of a meeting to let attendees in.
To access this setting, select Meeting options and switch the toggle to Yes for Always let callers bypass the lobby?
April 17, 2020: Announce when callers join a meeting
The “Announce when callers join a meeting” was released as part of April 17, 2020 Teams new feature releases. Using this feature – the meeting organizers now have the option to control or setting to know when callers join or leave the teams meeting, so at any given point in time, you know who is available in your “Microsoft Teams” online meeting.
How do we control the setting of announcing when callers join a meeting?
To make get this configured, select Meeting options and switch the toggle on for Announce when callers join or leave.
April 10, 2020: End the meeting for everyone
The “End the meeting for everyone” was released as part of April 10, 2020 Teams new feature releases. Meeting organizers now can end the meeting for all meeting attendees. It is very useful when you don’t want to hang around your meeting participants in the virtual meeting lobby. For example, if you are a teacher and you don’t want to hang around your students in your virtual classroom after have left the meeting.
How to end the meeting for everyone in Microsoft Teams?
To end an in-progress meeting, you need to go to your meeting controls and select More Options > click on the End meeting. You’ll be asked to confirm. When you do, the meeting will end for everyone right away.
End the meeting for everyone – Microsoft Teams:
Thus, in this article, we have seen key features released in Microsoft Teams in the year 2020 and brief descriptions about the below:
- How to raise your hand in a Microsoft Teams meeting while the meeting is in progress?
- How can we generate the Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report – roll call?
- How to display the Microsoft Teams meeting in a 3×3 grid?
- How to generate the “Teams analytics metrics report”?
- How to add system audio to live events in Microsoft Teams?
- How to let attendees who dial in bypass the meeting lobby?
- How do we control the setting of announcing when callers join a meeting?
- How to end the meeting for everyone in Microsoft Teams?
- Office 365: Is SharePoint replaced by Microsoft Teams or Is SharePoint dying?
- Create a Team in Microsoft Teams step by step process – Office 365
- o365: Getting started with Microsoft Teams in Office 365
- Office 365: Add Channel in Microsoft Teams – o365
- Office 365: Where do the Microsoft Teams channel conversations and files get saved?
- Office 365: SharePoint vs Microsoft Teams – Understanding the Differences in o365
- In 4 steps create office 365 trial account – sign up free subscription
- Validate special characters in SharePoint list column
- Getting Error “InfoPath cannot generate a form template for the SharePoint list”
- How to auto populate field in InfoPath based on another field
- Add more than 5 conditions in InfoPath form’s rule
- How to validate the date column in Infopath form
- How to a copy list item to another list using SharePoint designer workflow
- Edit user Permission is greyed Out SharePoint Online
- Can not upload SharePoint App to SharePoint App Catalog
- Column header formatting in SharePoint list Quick Edit or Datasheet View
- Enable and configure information rights management (IRM) in SharePoint Online
- 25 quick checklists for SharePoint migration
- Create app catalog site in SharePoint online step by step
- Manage recycle bin in SharePoint Online – Office 365
Download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration eBook
Get the PDF eBook from here:
Send download link to: