7,796 total views, 3 views today
Now a days the buzz word is Microsoft Teams – so today we will learn about what is Microsoft teams in office 365 – Getting started with Microsoft Teams in Office 365.
As per “https://teams.microsoft.com/” site, the official definition of Microsoft Teams is as below:
“Microsoft Teams is a hub for teamwork in Office 365. Keep all your team’s chats, meetings, files, and apps together in one place.”
Microsoft Teams are a collection of people where they work in various projects in the organization – for each project team, we can create a separate team using that they can communicate with each other and work more collaborative way and they can share content, tools, etc among each other within the organization.
- Teams can be created as private – this is to only invite users.
- Teams can also be created as public – this is open for anyone within the organization and can join.
- In public teams, we can have a maximum of 5000 members.
How to configure Microsoft Teams from Microsoft 365 admin center(Office 365)?
From the Microsoft 365 admin center – click on “app launcher” as below:
Then click on “Teams” as below from the left-side panel.
Then we will land into the below page:
There are two versions of Microsoft Teams:
- Teams apps – windows based and
- Teams web or browser-based.
If you want to install the “Teams apps – windows-based” version, click on the “Download Teams” from the “Downloads” tab.
And if you want to go with the “Microsoft Teams web or browser-based” version, click on the “Sign up for free” button as below.
Then we will land into the Sign in to Teams page – since I have already logged into the office 365 account – it has picked up my credential automatically otherwise this will ask for credentials. Need to click on the “Sign in” button.
Then we will land into the “Microsoft Teams” page, click on “Join on the web instead” button.
- From here also we can install the windows version of Microsoft Teams – need to click on “Download the Windows app”
Wow – now we can see the Teams Apps – here we can work with various teams inside the organization or department in a collaborative way.
In this article we have learned the below:
- How to install Microsoft teams from Microsoft 365 admin center.
- How to use Microsoft teams web-based from Microsoft 365 admin center.
- What is Microsoft Teams?
- Getting started with Microsoft Teams in office 365.
- How to create teams in Microsoft Teams step by step process – Office 365
- How to add channel in Microsoft Teams
- Where do the Microsoft Teams channel conversations and files get saved?