8,251 total views, 3 views today
Nowadays the buzzword is Microsoft Teams – so today we will learn about what is Microsoft teams in office 365 – Getting started with Microsoft Teams in Office 365.
As per the “https://teams.microsoft.com/” site, the official definition of Microsoft Teams is as below:
“Microsoft Teams is a hub for teamwork in Office 365. Keep all your team’s chats, meetings, files, and apps together in one place.”
Microsoft Teams are a collection of people who work on various projects in the organization – for each project team, we can create a separate team using that they can communicate with each other and work more collaborative way, and can share content, tools, etc among each other within the organization.
- Teams can be created as private – this is to only invite users.
- Teams can also be created as public – this is open to anyone within the organization who can join.
- In public teams, we can have a maximum of 5000 members.
How to configure Microsoft Teams from Microsoft 365 admin center(Office 365)?
From the Microsoft 365 admin center – click on “app launcher” as below:
Then click on “Teams” as below from the left-side panel.
Then we will land on the below page:
There are two versions of Microsoft Teams:
- Teams apps – windows based and
- Teams are web or browser-based.
If you want to install the “Teams apps – windows-based” version, click on the “Download Teams” from the “Downloads” tab.
And if you want to go with the “Microsoft Teams web or browser-based” version, click on the “Sign up for free” button as below.
Then we will land on the Sign in to Teams page – since I have already logged into the office 365 account – it has picked up my credential automatically otherwise this will ask for credentials. Need to click on the “Sign in” button.
Then we will land on the “Microsoft Teams” page, and click on the “Join on the web instead” button.
- From here also we can install the windows version of Microsoft Teams – need to click on “Download the Windows app”
Wow – now we can see the Teams Apps – here we can work with various teams inside the organization or department in a collaborative way.
Summary: Getting started with Microsoft Teams
In this article we have learned the below:
- How to install Microsoft teams from Microsoft 365 admin center.
- How to use Microsoft teams web-based from Microsoft 365 admin center.
- What is Microsoft Teams?
- Getting started with Microsoft Teams in office 365.
See Also: Microsoft Teams Articles
You may also like the below Microsoft Teams articles:
- How to create teams in Microsoft Teams step by step process – Office 365
- How to add channel in Microsoft Teams
- Where do the Microsoft Teams channel conversations and files get saved?
- End-user training for Microsoft Teams
Buy Microsoft Teams eBook
Do you want to set up your Microsoft Teams and manage it following Microsoft standards? Here is our eBook – Microsoft Teams Administration eBook