32,190 total views, 6 views today
When I was trying to upload the SharePoint app to the App Catalog site which I have downloaded from GitHub, I was not able to upload it – was getting the “The documents cannot be uploaded because different permissions are needed. Request the necessary permissions.”
The below error I got from internet explorer browser:
Then I have tried with Mozilla Firefox browser – drag and drop.
Then I got the below error:
“The documents cannot be uploaded because different permissions are needed. Request the necessary permissions.”
When I have googled around – people have suggested enabling the custom script. However, when I have verified – it was already enabled.
By the I way, I am a “Global administrator” in my tenant, so it is a bit frustrating to see permission or any sort of file uploading issues.
After some researches found that it is the permission issue in the app catalog site.
Go to the classic site collection administrator page from the SharePoint admin center, using the below shortcut URL:
Syntax: https://yourtenant-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/online/SiteCollections.aspx Example: https://globalsharepoint2020-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/online/SiteCollections.aspx
Select your, app catalog site collection, click on the “Owners” dropdown list then click on the “Manage Administrator” link.
In the “manage administrator” dialog box – add the user who is facing the issue to upload the file in the “Site Collection Administrator” section.
Click on the OK button.
We need to wait for a couple of minutes until the loader disappears.
Thus, in this troubleshooting, we have learned how to fix the permission issue in the SharePoint App Catalog Site collection or how to fix the “The documents cannot be uploaded because different permissions are needed. Request the necessary permissions.” error.
- How to auto populate field in InfoPath based on another field
- Add more than 5 conditions in InfoPath form’s rule
- How to validate the date column in Infopath form
- How to a copy list item to another list using SharePoint designer workflow
- Edit user Permission is greyed Out SharePoint Online
- Can not upload SharePoint App to SharePoint App Catalog
- Column header formatting in SharePoint list Quick Edit or Datasheet View
- Enable and configure information rights management (IRM) in SharePoint Online
- 25 quick checklists for SharePoint migration
- Create app catalog site in SharePoint online step by step
- Manage recycle bin in SharePoint Online – Office 365