12,199 total views, 14 views today
In this tutorial, we will learn about how to create an app catalog site in SharePoint Online step by step. Before that, we should know what is an app catalog site.
What is App Catalog?
- App Catalog is used to store the apps for SharePoint and office for our organization’s internal use.
- We can configure and manage an App Catalog for SharePoint environment to control access to the available apps.
Steps to create an app catalog site:
Step 1: Log in to SharePoint Admin Center
Login to SharePoint Admin center using the below URL:
SharePoint Online admin center home page.
Click on the “More features” from the left panel.
Click on the “Open” link from the “Apps” section, then the “Apps” page will be opened.
Then click on the “App Catalog” from the “Apps” page – then we will get the “App Catalog Site” creation page.
Select the default – Create a new app catalog site and click on the OK button.
- We can select the second radio button – Enter a URL for an existing app catalog site and enter the site URL in the text box.
From the “Create App Catalog Site Collection” creation screen, enter the below data:
- Title – Enter any meaningful title.
- Web Site Address – Enter any meaningful easily rememberable text.
- Verify your country’s time zone.
- Select the site collection Administrator.
Create App Catalog Site Collection in SharePoint Online Admin Center
Click on the “OK” button.
Wait for 2 to 3 minutes – this will take time to get provisioned, then we can see our app catalog site collection in the classic site collections dashboard page.
Now, let’s navigate to the above app catalog site collection which looks like below and has the below default library/list:
- Apps for SharePoint (document library)
- Apps for Office (document library)
- App Request (list)
Thus, in this article – we have learned how to create an app catalog site collection from the SharePoint Online admin center step by step.
- Create custom property in SharePoint Framework – SPFx web part pane
- Understanding solution structure in SharePoint framework (SPFx)
- Develop your first hello world web part in sharepoint framework (SPFx)
- Column header formatting in SharePoint list Quick Edit or Datasheet View
- Enable and configure information rights management (IRM) in SharePoint Online
- Manage recycle bin in SharePoint Online – Office 365
- In 4 steps create office 365 trial account – sign up free subscription
- Add more than 5 conditions in InfoPath form’s rule
- How to validate the date column in Infopath form
- How to a copy list item to another list using SharePoint designer workflow
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx) development environment Setup step by step
- 3 ways add a picture library in the communication site – SharePoint Online
- SharePoint generation or version history from the year 2000 to 2020
- Office 365: Getting started with SharePoint PnP PowerShell – installation
- In 2 steps convert a classic SharePoint page to modern using PnP
- Office 365: Retrieve hub sites and associated sites using PnP Powershell
- Create a modern team site using PnP PowerShell in SharePoint
- In 4 steps access SharePoint online data using postman tool
- SharePoint admin center: Learn SharePoint online administration in an hour – step by step
- SharePoint REST API: GET vs POST vs PUT vs DELETE vs PATCH
- Office 365: Understanding the hub site in SharePoint online
- Create SharePoint online list using PnP provisioning template
- List Template IDs In SharePoint Online/SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010/2007
Free download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration eBook(238 Pages)
Get the PDF eBook from here:
[purchase_link id="0" style="button" color="blue" text="Free Download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration"]
Send download link to: