5,888 total views, 32 views today
When we want to customize the SharePoint custom list using the InfoPath designer and click on the “Customize in Infopath” link from the SharePoint list ribbon, we will get this error – “InfoPath cannot generate a form template for the SharePoint list” and “the soap response indicates that an error occurred on the server”
What is the root cause of this issue?
As per Microsoft, this is a known issue after this CU update – March 12, 2019—KB4489886 (OS Build 16299.1029)
How to fix this “InfoPath cannot generate a form template for the SharePoint list” issue?
As an alternate solution, to fix this issue, we need to follow the below steps:
Open the form in another way by the below navigation:
Go List Settings Page -> Click on the Form Settings link -> select Customize the current form using Microsoft InfoPath -> Click on the OK button.
- If you open the list first time in InfoPath form, you will get this option – select Customize the current form using Microsoft InfoPath.
- If you have already opened the list in InfoPath form and trying to open the second time(second time onwards), you will get this option – Modify the existing InfoPath form.
Now the form got opened, without any issues:
- If still, you face the issue, you may check below:
- Make sure you are not clicking on the list while it is in a datasheet view mode – if so, change, it to normal view mode and open it.
If still does not work.
- Some of the columns schema might have unbounded with the list like recently any columns data type has been changed, so in this case, try to revert the data type to the previous one or unbound the old column and create a new column and bound to the form.
Thus, in this troubleshooting technique, we have learned how to fix the “InfoPath cannot generate a form template for the SharePoint list” error in SharePoint.
- How to auto populate field in InfoPath based on another field
- Add more than 5 conditions in InfoPath form’s rule
- How to validate the date column in Infopath form
- How to a copy list item to another list using SharePoint designer workflow
- Edit user Permission is greyed Out SharePoint Online
- Can not upload SharePoint App to SharePoint App Catalog
- Column header formatting in SharePoint list Quick Edit or Datasheet View
- Enable and configure information rights management (IRM) in SharePoint Online
- 25 quick checklists for SharePoint migration
- Create app catalog site in SharePoint online step by step
- Manage recycle bin in SharePoint Online – Office 365
Free download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration eBook(238 Pages)
Get the PDF eBook from here:
[purchase_link id="0" style="button" color="blue" text="Free Download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration"]
Send download link to: