8,845 total views, 3 views today
Use PowerApps in outlook, in this PowerApps Tutorial, we will learn how to open outlook from PowerApps step by step using the PowerApps Launch function.
To open the outlook we will use the launch function of PowerApps. So, let’s gets started how does this work?
What is the launch function in PowerApps?
The launch function in PowerApps is used to launch or open a web page or canvas app bypassing the parameters.
Launch( "https://google.com" )
Create a sample canvas app, we assume you know how to create the Canvas App in PowerApps.
Add a label inside the rectangle box to highlight the demo header – “Open Outlook from PowerApps Form”.
Then, add a button and name something as “Click me to open outlook email”.
Select the “Click me to open outlook email” button and in the “OnSelect” event write the below function:
Launch("mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org" & "?email@example.com" & "&firstname.lastname@example.org" & "&subject=Here is the subject of the mail" & "&body=The body of the email !");
Launch function to open Outlook in PowerApps
In the above demo, we have used the launch function of PowerApps to open the outlook mailbox with predefined values like “To”, “CC”, “BCC”, “Subject”, and “Body”. Here we have used the Gmail account, you can use your company’s email id as well. And in the above demo, we have hardcoded the email metadata values like “To”, “CC”, “BCC”, “Subject”, and “Body”, we can even dynamically pass these values from the PowerApps form input textbox control.
Use PowerApps in outlook: preview the open outlook form from PowerApps
Now, click on the “Click me to open outlook email” button.
Then, we can see that the mailbox got opened with predefined values like “To”, “CC”, “BCC”, “Subject”, and “Body”.
Business use case of Launch function to open outlook from PowerApps:
If we want to launch Outlook and send an email from the PowerApps form, then we can develop this email sending form.
Summary: What we had here?
Thus, in this article, we have learned how to open the Outlook mailbox using the PowerApps Launch function step by step and also learned what the launch function in PowerApps is with an example.
You may also like the below PowerApps articles:
- Create your first chatbot in PowerApps step by step
- Cascading dropdown in PowerApps using SharePoint data
- CRUD operations in PowerApps using SharePoint online list
- CRUD Operation in PowerApps Using Excel OneDrive
- Phone number and email validation in PowerApps
- Connect to a SharePoint list in PowerApps step by step
- Collection variable in PowerApps
- Understand the difference between Set and UpdateContext function
- String concatenation function in PowerApps
- 3 ways to create Power Apps – Types of Power Apps
- Overview view of PowerApps development environment in Power Platform
- Customize SharePoint List Forms Using PowerApps step by step – Office 365
- Create free development environment using Power Apps Community Plan
- Show or hide columns conditionally in SharePoint list form
- SharePoint Online – Power Automate: How to Export and Import Microsoft Team Flows across environment