12,224 total views, 1 views today
PowerApps send email – in this PowerApps Tutorial, we will learn how to send an email from the PowerApps button click event. Actually, when we click on the send email button in PowerApps, it internally triggers the Power Automate flow, so, it is an integration between PowerApps and Power Automate. Let’s get started on how this works.
PowerApps send email from the button click step by step
Create a sample PowerApps canvas app.
Add a new email template screen from the “New screen” selection.
And a button to trigger send email Power Automate event.
- While we add an email template screen, all the textbox controls like “To”, “Subject”, and “Message” are validated out of the box as this template is integrated with the office 365 mailbox.
PowerApps send email : Create a flow from Power Automate to send the email
Select the send email button.
Go to the action tab.
Click on Power Automate as shown below (3).
Now, if we have already developed the send email Power Automate flow, we can select it from the available flows. Here we have already developed the flow “Click a button in PowerApps to send email”, so we can select this flow, however, we are not selecting it intentionally to show how to create the new flow from Power Automate.
So, let’s click on the “+ Create a new flow” link.
Now, you will be asked to log in to the Power Automate (Microsoft Flow) screen.
After successful login, you will also see lots of Power Automate flow template actions, select the one that we are interested in i.e. “Click a button in Power Apps to send an email”.
Click on the “Click a button in Power Apps to send an email” action.
In the next screen, it will establish a connection with Office 365 Outlook.
Click on the continue button, then click on the create button.
PowerApps send email: Associate the flow with the PowerApps button to send the email
Select the email sending button, and on the “OnSelect” event select the flow that you have created to send the email, the flow will ask to send the parameters.
Description About the send email from PowerApps PowerAutomate
In the above example “ClickabuttoninPowerAppstosendanemail” is the flow name and after the dot run, we need to pass the parameter “To,”, “Subject”, and “Message Body” parameters. And using the navigate function we are just redirecting the email screen to the successful message screen. The Power Automate integration with PowerApps is like a normal function in other traditional programming languages where we write the function in one place and we call the function from other places and pass the function parameters accordingly.
PowerApps button click event – demo
Run the canvas app in preview mode and pass the “To”, “Subject” and “Message” parameters.
Then click on the “Click here to send email” button, and the email will be sent to the recipients.
Summary: What we had here (PowerApps send email from the button click)?
Thus, in this article, we have learned how to send email from the PowerApps button click event and how to trigger the send email Power Automate from the PowerApps.
See Also: PowerApps Tutorial
You may also like the below PowerApps articles:
- How to open outlook from PowerApps step by step?
- Create your first chatbot in PowerApps step by step
- Cascading dropdown in PowerApps using SharePoint data
- CRUD operations in PowerApps using SharePoint online list
- CRUD Operation in PowerApps Using Excel OneDrive
- Phone number and email validation in PowerApps
- Connect to a SharePoint list in PowerApps step by step
- Collection variable in PowerApps
- Understand the difference between Set and UpdateContext function
- String concatenation function in PowerApps
- 3 ways to create Power Apps – Types of Power Apps
- Overview view of PowerApps development environment in Power Platform
- Customize SharePoint List Forms Using PowerApps step by step – Office 365
- Create free development environment using Power Apps Community Plan
- Show or hide columns conditionally in SharePoint list form
- SharePoint Online – Power Automate: How to Export and Import Microsoft Team Flows across environment
Buy SharePoint Online eBook
Buy the premium version of SharePoint Online & Office 365 administration eBook from here: