1,232 total views, 2 views today
Recently I have faced a different issue, I have created a record center site collection in SharePoint Online, then when I have browsed that site it says “404 NOT FOUND” error, even though the site is listed in the active site’s dashboard. To my wonder, I just went ahead to change the site admin from the active site report menu – then I got to see this error: “Can’t change admins this site has reached its storage limit. To change admins, free up space or increase the storage limit.”, in this article I will share how to fix this “Can’t change admins this site has reached its storage limit.” error.
Just after creating the record center site when I browse it, I get the below error: 404 not found error in SharePoint Online site
Then I tried to change (adding a new one) the site admin, there I got to see this error – “Can’t change admins this site has reached its storage limit. To change admins, free up space or increase the storage limit.”
Then click on the “Edit storage limit”.
Here we will get to see this screen where it displays “The actual storage available for this site depends on the available storage for your organization. Learn more”
- In the above maximum storage of this site text box, enter a whole number from 1 through 25600 (GB).
- In the above email owners when this much of the storage limit is used text box, enters a whole number from 1 through 25600 (GB).
- Numbers entered in the above boxes are in GB.
Then, finally, we need to click on the Save button.
Now, you browse the same record center site URL – it opens successfully.
Summary: What we learned from this troubleshooting?
Thus in this troubleshooting article, we have learned the below with respect to fixing the “Can’t change admins this site has reached its storage limit. To change admins, free up space or increase the storage limit.” issue:
- Sometimes if we create a record center site in SharePoint Online tenant, it does not open in the browser, for this we need to edit the storage limit of that site.
- How to edit the storage limit for a site in SharePoint Online.
- How to fix the can’t change admin error in SharePoint Online.
- How to check SharePoint storage in office 365?
- How to fix SharePoint admin can’t access site issue?
- How to fix 404 not found error in SharePoint Online site?
You may also like the below SharePoint troubleshooting articles:
- How to fix Open with Explorer issues in SharePoint Online?
- [Fixed]: How to fix No gulpfile found in SPFx framework project
- [Fixed] Error – activate the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature in SharePoint Online site
- [Fixed] Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl”in reading web part properties!
- [Fixed]: The page could not be created. Custom Scripting might be deactivated on the destination site or you might not have sufficient permissions.
- [Fixed] The upgraded database schema doesn’t match the TargetSchema(Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products)
- [Fixed] “Sorry, something went wrong. There was an exception in the Database” (SharePoint Server Error)
- [Fixed] How to fix the “Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is ‘500’ in SharePoint 2016 Search error.”?
- [Fixed] How to fix the wrong tenant credential error in SharePoint online?
- [Fixed] How to fix request timed out error in SharePoint 2016 search (There was no endpoint listening)?
- [Fixed] How to Fix a SharePoint 404 Error in sub site After Restoring a Content Database?
Download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration eBook
Get the PDF eBook from here:
Send download link to: