In this article, we will learn about how to fix the upgrade database error when SharePoint configuration wizard failed.
For a SharePoint administrator running a SharePoint configuration wizard successfully is a big achievement those deal with this can find the meaning why I have used this word. Lets come to the topics – when we run the SharePoint configuration wizard in the production server due to some reason it may be for CU update or some other database issue. Over a period of time when the installation wizard runs we will get the failure error – this content database needs upgrade.
How to overcome this error?
The error says target database does not match the schema which need to be upgraded. So whichever database mentioned in the error needs upgrade – we need to run the below PowerShell command for each database one by one.
So, if we have multiple content database which needs upgrade – running this command one by one is time consuming. So best way to complete this upgrade – using the below command in a single shot.
After successfully upgrading the content database, run the SharePoint configuration wizard again from the beginning, then we will be able to run the wizard successfully.
Thus, we have learned in this article how to fix the database upgrade error during running the SharePoint configuration wizard.
- Hot to fix when configuration of sharepoint products failed.
- Microsoft SharePoint upgrade spfarm sequence failed.
- How to upgrade SharePoint content database using Upgrade-SPContentDatabase command.
- How to get SharePoint content database using Get-SPContentDatabase command.
- Office 365: Getting started with SharePoint PnP PowerShell – installation
- In 2 steps convert a classic SharePoint page to modern using PnP
- Office 365: Retrieve hub sites and associated sites using PnP Powershell
- Create a modern team site using PnP PowerShell in SharePoint
- In 4 steps access SharePoint online data using postman tool
- SharePoint admin center: Learn SharePoint online administration in an hour – step by step
- SharePoint REST API: GET vs POST vs PUT vs DELETE vs PATCH
- Office 365: Understanding the hub site in SharePoint online
Free download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration eBook(238 Pages)
Get the PDF eBook from here:
Send download link to: