8,470 total views, 82 views today
In this troubleshooting technique, we will learn about how to fix request timed out error in SharePoint 2016 search.
Let’s say we have a multi servers farm where all web applications hosted in WFE and all SharePoint service running in the App server. The server topology is as below:
1. App Server with Search and
2. WFE server.
We have configured the search service application in the application server all components of the search crawl happening fine without any errors. However, if we try to search any item from the SharePoint web application, the search box will try to continue to search the item but after long times we will see the error “search query time out error timed”.
If we look at the ULS log, we can see the below entry:
:SearchServiceApplicationProxy::GetQueryHealthMonitoringSettingsForComponents–Error occured: System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening athttp://appserver:32843/db4796fcfe375bd791f98ec5e485999c/SearchService.svc that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. —> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond :32843 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
This is the port connectivity issue between WFE and APP server. Ask your system/network admin team to configure the 808,32843,32844 port in WFE and APP server.
Here is the link for SharePoint 2016 port details:
Thus, in this troubleshooting technique, we have learned about how to fix request timed out error in SharePoint 2016 search.
- Office 365: Getting started with SharePoint PnP PowerShell – installation
- In 2 steps convert a classic SharePoint page to modern using PnP
- Office 365: Retrieve hub sites and associated sites using PnP Powershell
- Create a modern team site using PnP PowerShell in SharePoint
- In 4 steps access SharePoint online data using postman tool
- SharePoint admin center: Learn SharePoint online administration in an hour – step by step
- SharePoint REST API: GET vs POST vs PUT vs DELETE vs PATCH
- Office 365: Understanding the hub site in SharePoint online
Free download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration eBook(238 Pages)
Get the PDF eBook from here:
[purchase_link id="0" style="button" color="blue" text="Free Download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration"]
Send download link to: