14,064 total views, 3 views today
Sometimes, we may notice this “We apologize for the inconvenience, but we’ve made OneDrive and sites read-only while we do some maintenance.” error message both in SharePoint on-premise as well as online – in this article, we will see what is the “We apologize for the inconvenience, but we’ve made OneDrive and sites read-only while we do some maintenance.” error about and how to fix it.
Once we see the above message – the site will be in read-only mode meaning we cannot add or remove any documents to the document library.
Analysis of the “We apologize for the inconvenience, but we’ve made OneDrive and sites read-only while we do some maintenance.” error
The above-mentioned error might be seen both in the SharePoint on-premise site as well as in SharePoint Online. In SharePoint Online, it retains for sometimes then it disappears automatically after some time if it does not go away, we need to raise a ticket to Microsoft 365 support.
But what happens when it displays in SharePoint on-premise site, and what are the most probable reasons for having this error in SharePoint on-premise.
In SharePoint on-premise environment, we might see this error due to the below reasons:
• Low disk spaces in log files drive
• Low disk spaces in SQL database (file growth size)
For the above scenarios, you need to talk to your IT support team to clean up and release some memories in the said servers, and sometimes we need to change the file growth size in the SQL database, then the above error should go.
In case, after performing the above steps, if still, the error does not go, we need to execute the below PowerShell script for the said site collection.
$siteCollectionURL="http://yoursitecollectionurl" $Admin = new-object Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSiteAdministration($siteCollectionURL) $Admin.ClearMaintenanceMode() $site.MaintenanceMode
Summary: What we have learned here (we apologize for the inconvenience)?
Thus, in this troubleshooting article, we have learned how to fix the “We apologize for the inconvenience, but we’ve made OneDrive and sites read-only while we do some maintenance” error.
See Also: We apologize for the inconvenience
You may also like the below SharePoint troubleshooting articles:
- How to fix can’t change admins this site has reached its storage limit?
- How to fix Open with Explorer issues in SharePoint Online?
- [Fixed]: How to fix No gulpfile found in SPFx framework project
- [Fixed] Error – activate the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature in SharePoint Online site
- [Fixed] Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl”in reading web part properties!
- [Fixed]: The page could not be created. Custom Scripting might be deactivated on the destination site or you might not have sufficient permissions.
- [Fixed] The upgraded database schema doesn’t match the TargetSchema(Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products)
- [Fixed] “Sorry, something went wrong. There was an exception in the Database” (SharePoint Server Error)
- [Fixed] How to fix the “Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is ‘500’ in SharePoint 2016 Search error.”?
- [Fixed] How to fix the wrong tenant credential error in SharePoint online?
- [Fixed] How to fix request timed out error in SharePoint 2016 search (There was no endpoint listening)?
- [Fixed] How to Fix a SharePoint 404 Error in sub site After Restoring a Content Database?
- We apologize for any inconvenience, but we’ve made the site read-only while we’re making some improvements