10,941 total views, 1 views today
In this tutorial, we will learn how to perform CRUD operations in PowerApps using SharePoint online list, in the previous article we have seen CRUD Operation in PowerApps Using Excel OneDrive.
CRUD operations in PowerApps using SharePoint online list
Performing CRUD operations on the SharePoint list using PowerApps is very simple, just we need to create a list with some data filled in, then we need to create a model-driven app out of that list, which looks very complicated. It is very simple and could be implemented in just 5 minutes. So, let’s get started.
As part of this demo prerequisite, we need to create a customer (or any sample list with data) list out of the customer excel file. In order to create a list on the SharePoint Online site, open your SharePoint Online site, go to the site contents, click on the List link from the “+ New” menu
On the next screen, select “From Excel”, then upload your excel file, and name the list.
Now, select a table from the excel file to create the SharePoint list. Here in this scenario, we have only one table “Table1”, so, we are selecting “Table1”.
- In order to create the SharePoint Online list from the excel data, the source excel should be in a tabular format.
Click on the Next button, and name the list, a custom SharePoint Online list will be created out of the excel file automatically.
The next step is to connect a connection to the SharePoint Online list from PowerApps.
Log in to the PowerApps environment – https://make.powerapps.com.
Click on “SharePoint” from the start with your data section.
Now, if you are first time connecting to your SharePoint environment, you need to go through the connection establishment/authentication process between PowerApps and SharePoint Online otherwise your already created connections will be listed over here.
Then you can select your recent site or you can enter your site URL and click on the “Go” button.
Next, choose your SharePoint online list and click on the Connect button.
- In this demo, we have selected the “Contact Information” list, just to show the proof of concept.
Then, once we click on the “Connect” button, the SharePoint said list will be opened in the PowerApps designer along with the data.
Now, let’s preview this model-driven PowerApps by clicking on the play button from the top right-most corner or simply pressing the F5 key.
CRUD operations using PowerApps demo
We can see that the Contact Information list has been opened as an app – this version of the app is called model-driven PowerApp (where an app is created automatically out of the source data connection).
What we can do with this model-driven PowerApp?
We can perform the CRUD operations in the SharePoint Contact Information list like Create Item, Read Item, Update Item, and Delete Item.
Summary: What do we have here (CRUD operations in PowerApps using SharePoint online list)?
Thus, in this article, we have learned how to perform the CRUD operations in PowerApps using SharePoint online list.
See Also: PowerApps Tutorial
You may also like the below PowerApps articles:
- How to send email from PowerApps button click?
- How to open outlook from PowerApps step by step?
- Show or hide columns conditionally in SharePoint list form
- Create your first chatbot in PowerApps step by step
- Cascading dropdown in PowerApps using SharePoint data
- CRUD Operation in PowerApps Using Excel OneDrive
- Phone number and email validation in PowerApps
- Connect to a SharePoint list in PowerApps step by step
- Collection variable in PowerApps
- Understand the difference between Set and UpdateContext function
- String concatenation function in PowerApps
- 3 ways to create Power Apps – Types of Power Apps
- Overview view of PowerApps development environment in Power Platform
- Customize SharePoint List Forms Using PowerApps step by step – Office 365
- Create free development environment using Power Apps Community Plan
Buy SharePoint Online eBook
Buy the premium version of SharePoint Online & Office 365 administration eBook from here: