7,596 total views, 1 views today
In this “Create Your Own Chatbot” article, we will learn how to create a chatbot in PowerApps (Power Virtual Agent) step by step. The Power Virtual Agent is one of the technologies in the Power Platform family. Technically, it is implemented based on AI technology.
Create your own chatbot: use cases of chatbot
Nowadays, whenever we log in to any website such as banking, finance, insurance, health, etc. (across all sectors), we get a chat-based live assistant who acts like a human being sitting on the end and chatting with their web site visitors or customers when they enquire about something, but they are not a human being; it is an automated chat-based system developed using AI (artificial intelligence).
This type of chatbot application can handle some repetitive tasks that a customer service executive (a human being) used to do. For example, in a health care service, the patient may inquire about the doctor’s details or a specific service, or in a banking website, the customer may inquire about banking products such as a loan, credit card, debit card, and so on. For this kind of use case, all customers will put across the question in almost similar ways, as these are repetitive and common needs for all customers, depending on their sector or industry.
Create your own chatbot: can the chatbot really answer all quires or human efforts can be replaced by it?
No, the chatbot can only handle simple, pre-configured queries, not complex ones. And the chatbot will never be able to replace human efforts. It works based on the frequently used phrases that are pre-configured.
Create your own chatbot: create a simple chatbot application using PowerApps step by step
Now, let’s get started creating a sample chatbot application using PowerApps.
Login to your PowerApps development environment like below: https://make.powerapps.com/environments/Default-8bde4d0e-9bbb-42a2-86ca-46884a08df50/home
- For you, the environment ID would be different, as it is unique across all environments.
Steps to create a chatbot in PowerApps Go to the “Chatbots” section from the left-side panel.
Click on the “Create” button
On the next screen, click on the “+New chatbot” button.
Next, it will verify the license information, and after some time, we will get the “Welcome to Power Virtual Agents” screen.
Choose your country or region.
Then click on the “Start free trial” button.
On the next screen, pass the below parameters to create a new bot:
- Name – any meaningful text input.
- Language – select your bot language.
- Environment – select
In Power Virtual Agents – PowerApps, create a new bot. Click on the “Create” button.
It will start creating your chatbot.
After some time, we will get the below test bot screen where we can configure chatbot topics.
Sometimes, we may get this error in the chatbot screen “Your bot is temporarily out of commission. Please try again later. Diagnostic Trace Id: 0HMAJGGJ928U9:0000000A” For this sign out and sign in again, that might solve this issue otherwise create another chatbot, here we have created another one.
- Without writing a single line of code, we are able to develop a fully functional chatbot application in just 10 minutes; this is the power of a low-code, no-code platform (the Power Platform).
Summary: What we had here (chatbot application using PowerApps)?
Thus, in this article, we have learned how to create a chatbot application in Power Apps using the Power Virtual Agents trial account step by step and how to fix the “Your bot is temporarily out of commission” error. Please try again later. Diagnostic Trace ID: 0HMAJGGJ928U9:0000000A” error.
See Also: Power Apps Tutorial
You may also like the below PowerApps articles:
- How to send email from PowerApps button click?
- How to open outlook from PowerApps step by step?
- Show or hide columns conditionally in SharePoint list form
- CRUD operations in PowerApps using SharePoint online list
- CRUD Operation in PowerApps Using Excel OneDrive
- Phone number and email validation in PowerApps
- Connect to a SharePoint list in PowerApps step by step
- Collection variable in PowerApps
- Understand the difference between Set and UpdateContext function
- String concatenation function in PowerApps
- 3 ways to create Power Apps – Types of Power Apps
- Overview view of PowerApps development environment in Power Platform
- Customize SharePoint List Forms Using PowerApps step by step – Office 365
- Create free development environment using Power Apps Community Plan
Buy SharePoint Online eBook
Buy the premium version of SharePoint Online & Office 365 administration eBook from here:
1 comments on “Quickly create your own chatbot in PowerApps step by step”