4,649 total views, 22 views today
Sometimes, we might notice in the SharePoint on-premise server that the incremental and full crawl is not running automatically suddenly, even though the crawler was configured and scheduled. All of a sudden it has stopped running automatically, however, it was running as per the schedule earlier. Now, if we try to run the incremental or full crawl manually it works.
In this article, we will learn what is the root cause of not running the incremental or full crawler automatically.
The root cause of not running the incremental or full crawler automatically
Here I am keeping my analysis short, the “Indexing Schedule Manager on <server name>” the out-of-the-box timer job has stopped running suddenly which is responsible for the incremental or full crawl job. If we look at the job running history from the job monitoring navigation of the central administration site (Monitoring -> Check Job Status-> Find the Indexing Schedule Manager on <server name>, we could see that the last run time of this job will be past date and time – after that, it never triggered.
Now if we go to the Monitoring -> Review Job Definition from the central administration site, we will not be seeing this Indexing Schedule Manager on <server name> timer job in the list associated with any of the servers.
Fix or Solution
In order to fix the incremental or full crawler automatic running issue, follow the below steps:
Restart the timer service from the service.msc in all servers connected to the farm.
If the above solution does not fix the issue, restart the application server, or finally, if the above two solutions do not work, then we need to re-provision the search service application. For this refer to our other article on how to re-provision the SharePoint 2016 search service application – Re-Provisioning SharePoint Search Service Application using PowerShell
Thus, in this article, we have learned about what is the root cause of not running the SharePoint 2016 incremental and full crawler scheduler job automatically and how to fix it.
You may also like the below SharePoint troubleshooting articles:
- [Fixed]: The base type ‘.Search.UI.SearchResultsLayoutPage’ is not allowed for this page
- [Fixed]: Missing Site Assets Library in SharePoint Online
- How to fix Open with Explorer issues in SharePoint Online?
- [Fixed]: How to fix No gulpfile found in SPFx framework project
- [Fixed] Error – activate the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature in SharePoint Online site
- [Fixed] Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl”in reading web part properties!
- [Fixed]: The page could not be created. Custom Scripting might be deactivated on the destination site or you might not have sufficient permissions.
- [Fixed] The upgraded database schema doesn’t match the TargetSchema(Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products)
- [Fixed] “Sorry, something went wrong. There was an exception in the Database” (SharePoint Server Error)
- [Fixed] How to fix the “Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is ‘500’ in SharePoint 2016 Search error.”?
- [Fixed] How to fix the wrong tenant credential error in SharePoint online?
- [Fixed] How to fix request timed out error in SharePoint 2016 search (There was no endpoint listening)?
- [Fixed] How to Fix a SharePoint 404 Error in sub site After Restoring a Content Database?