2,998 total views, 1 views today
Instant Cloud flow is one of the three ways to make a flow. Sometimes we need to perform some repeating tasks manually, in this scenario, we can create an Instant Cloud type flow that gets triggered manually as needed and complete the tasks done quickly. To be noted, we can create a flow in three ways in Power Automate:
- Start from blank
- Start from a template
- Start from a connector
Three ways to make a flow: Start from blank
Starting from the blank is one of the three ways to make a flow.
In the “start from blank” section, we have the types of starting flows:
- Automate cloud flow – Triggered by a designated event.
- Instant cloud flow – Trigerred manually as needed.
- Scheduled cloud flow – You choose when and how often it runs.
- Desktop flow – Automates process on your desktop environment.
- In this article, we will discuss the “Instant cloud flow – Triggered manually as needed”
Three ways to make a flow: Start from a template
We can create a flow using the template – there are many templates available, few are shown below:
Three ways to make a flow: start from a connector
We can create a flow using the connector as well – there are many connectors available, few are shown below:
Now, we will move on to how to create a flow using the instant cloud flow template which can be triggered manually as needed.
How to create a flow using the instant cloud flow template?
Name the flow.
Choose any of the given templates – here we have selected the “Manually trigger a flow – flow button for mobile” trigger point.
Click on the Create button.
In the next screen, we can see the flow designer screen with the “Manually trigger a flow” action.
Click on the “+ Next step”.
Select “Create Item” SharePoint action.
Enter the below details:
- Site Address – SharePoint Online Site Address
- List Name – Country
- Title (Title column value) – Australia
Then click on the “Test” button.
Now from the Test Flow selection select manually to perform the starting action to trigger it.
Then click on the “Test” button.
Click on the “Done” button.
If you see that all the actions are green ticked means your flow has been run successfully.
Now, go to your SharePoint site list location.
We can see that a new country “Australia” has been added to the list.
Summary: Three ways to make a flow – Instant Cloud Flow
Thus in this article, we have learned the below with respect to what are the ways to make flow in Power Automate and how to work with the Instant Cloud flow:
- What are the three ways to make a flow in Power Automate?
- How to start from the blank template in Power Automate?
- How to create a flow with the automated cloud flow – Triggered by a designated event template?
- How to create an instant cloud flow – Trigerred manually as needed?
- How to create a scheduled cloud flow – You choose when and how often it runs?
- How to create a desktop flow – Automates process on your desktop environment?
- How to create a flow using the instant cloud flow template?
Would you like to buy SharePoint-based HR365 products?
- SharePoint Employee Directory
- Asset Management App – HR365
- Time off Manager / Leave Management System
- HR 365 – SharePoint Ticketing System
- Simplify & Automate Your HR Operations with Employee Onboarding Software
- Timesheet Microsoft 365
- Recruitment Management
- Expense Tracker
- Performance Management
- Custom Applications