In this blog, we will learn about the feature deprecated and removed in SharePoint 2019.
Feature Deprecated and Removed in SharePoint 2019
Whenever any new version of SharePoint is released, we hear the term deprecated/Removed feature. Today I will explain what exactly is this and what is the difference between the two.
Deprecated: what is deprecated?
The feature is still available in the product but Microsoft is not recommending to use of these features, in the feature release it may be removed with no additional notice.
Removed: What is removed?
The feature is removed from the product and not supported by Microsoft. In many cases, the feature is removed from the product, but in some cases, the feature is present but not supported by Microsoft.
Features deprecated in SharePoint Server 2019:
- Access Services 2010
- Access Services 2013
- Aggregated Newsfeed
- Custom Help
- Groove Sync Client
- InfoPath Services
- Lists Web Service
- Machine Translations (and Variations)
- PerformancePoint Services
- SharePoint Designer
- Site Mailbox
- Site Manager
Removed features in SharePoint Server 2019:
- Code-Based Sandbox Solutions
- Digest Authentication
- Incoming email automatic mode
- PowerPivot Gallery and Refresh
- Visio Services – Silverlight-Based Rendering
- SharePoint Business Intelligence Scenarios
See Also: SharePoint Online Tutorials
You may also like the below SharePoint Online Tutorials:
- PowerApps hide show fields
- Conditionally show or hide columns in a SharePoint list
- SharePoint Online conditional row formatting based on a LOOKUP column value using JSON
- Power Automate[Detailed]: set item level permissions in SharePoint online step by step with HTTP request
- Office 365: Create content type in SharePoint Online using PnP PowerShell
- Office 365: How to create document library in SharePoint Online using PowerShell?
- HTML Table in Power Automate: Learn HTML table formatting using Microsoft Power Automate step by step
- Column header formatting in SharePoint list Quick Edit or Datasheet View
- SharePoint Hyperlink in Text Field: Convert a single line of text column to hyperlink using SharePoint column formatting
- SharePoint Online – O365 – How to create a Tile view in modern SharePoint online lists and configure it.
- System requirements for SharePoint Servers 2016 and 2019Show or hide columns in a list or library form