A Complete Review: Kernel Migrator for SharePoint Today, we are going to review a SharePoint migration tool offered by Kernel Apps. Before moving ahead, I would like to highlight the important features of this software:
- Migrate from any version of SharePoint to another version or SharePoint Online.
- Exchange and Office 365 public folder migration to SharePoint
- File system to SharePoint migration from local as well as remote servers
- Complete migration of lists and libraries between SharePoint environments
- Migrate data between OneDrive and Google Drive.
- Migrate MS Teams chats, channels, files, and other features easily.
Basic Installation Requirements: Kernel Migrator for SharePoint
The software runs on all active versions of Windows operating systems and migrates data from all various versions of Exchange, like the following:
- SharePoint Server 2019
- SharePoint Server 2016.
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise 2019.
- SharePoint Enterprise 2016.
- SharePoint Online (Microsoft 365)
The hardware requirements are here too.
- Processor Intel® Pentium 4 Class or higher
- RAM must be at least 4 GB.
- 4 GB of free space for installation and data migration
Licensing of the product: Kernel Migrator for SharePoint
While checking the prices, we found that there were different licenses for the same product based on the buyer’s requirements.
I am listing the prices of all three licenses.
Installing Kernel Migrator for SharePoint
The installation of the SharePoint migration tool is straightforward. You need to download the tool from the Kernel site (to download the SharePoint Migration tool, click on the below image) and perform the on-screen instructions to install the tool. It does not require any technical expertise to install the software.
Demo: Using Kernel Migrator for SharePoint
Doing migration through Kernel Migrator for SharePoint is simple, as the user interface lets you connect to source and destination accounts and choose the necessary items. At each stage, the user interface is more focused on making the entire process minimal. Let us see the procedure for SharePoint-to-SharePoint migration.
Currently, we are migrating some sites from one SharePoint account to another.
This is the home page that you will see after installing the software. There are source and destination sections showing various platforms that you can connect for migration. Choose SharePoint, right-click, and click on the Add New SharePoint Site button.
- Input a project name, select the site connection and connection type, then input the site address, username, and password. Follow the correct layout for the site address and account name. Click OK.
After checking the account details, the software will create the project. It will also inquire whether you want to connect the same project at the destination. Click either yes or no.
When the project is connected in SharePoint, you can expand it and check the contents of the list, libraries, subsites, etc.
Use the same process in the destination section to connect with a different SharePoint account where you want to migrate the site.
In the source project, select some folders or the entire project to migrate. Right-click and choose
Go to the respective folder in the destination and select Paste after right-clicking.
The SharePoint-to-SharePoint migration wizard is active now. It shows the source project that you have selected. You can edit or remove it as per your choice. Now, click Next.
It is an important step that asks you whether you want to migrate the site as a new active site, as an existing site, or as a new subsite of an existing site. As I chose to migrate to a new site, it asked me to provide the destination account’s credentials again. Then, I clicked Next.
Type a description, the URL, and destination admin account. Click Next.
Select all the features and properties that you must migrate to the destination SharePoint site. Use the checkboxes to select them. Then, click Next.
Select more options and click Next.
The filter page helps to apply some filters to stop unnecessary data from moving. Apply the available filters carefully and click Next.
Migrate the existing permissions or apply some new ones through manual mapping. Click Next.
The scheduling page lets you select a convenient time to start the migration or begin it immediately. Click Next.
The summary shows the selected contents for migration. Check it and click Next.
The migration will start, and after the completion, there will be a proper completion summary and detailed status of all the items. Click Finish.
I know the process is a little long, but trust me, it’s the best way to migrate data from one SharePoint Server to another.
Well, this was the process of migrating List/Libraries from one server to another. Similarly, you can migrate from SharePoint Online to SharePoint Server, Google Drive to Google Drive, OneDrive to OneDrive, and MS Teams to MS Teams.
Conclusion: Kernel Migration tools for SharePoint (SharePoint migration tools)
All I can say is that Kernel Migrator for SharePoint is an all-in-one solution for SharePoint content migration, whether it’s SharePoint Online or SharePoint on-premises. I really found Kernel Migrator for SharePoint excellent in terms of migration speed, efficiency, and accuracy. So, if you’re planning to purchase a SharePoint Migration Tool tool, then try the trial version of this software before making any final decisions.
Below are some reasons why you should consider choosing the Kernel Migration Tool for SharePoint:
- Migrating your SharePoint data is quick, easy, and causes the least amount of disturbance to your company operations thanks to the Kernel Migration tool for SharePoint.
- Support for a variety of migration scenarios: The tool supports a variety of migration scenarios, such as migrations between different SharePoint versions, between SharePoint on-premises and SharePoint Online, and between SharePoint and other collaboration tools.
- Migration activities may be automated using this tool, saving you time and effort and lowering the possibility of human error.
- Flexibility: The SharePoint Kernel Migration tool is extremely adjustable, enabling you to modify the conversion procedure to suit your unique business needs.
- Security and compliance: With features like data encryption, safe access controls, and industry compliance, the product protects the security and compliance of your SharePoint data.
- With the flexibility to schedule migrations during off-peak hours and the ability to warn users of any anticipated downtime, the migration process is designed to have as little impact as possible on end users.
Overall, the SharePoint Kernel Migration tool provides a thorough and effective solution for the conversion of SharePoint data, with a selection of features created to cater to the requirements of businesses of all sizes and sorts.
See Also: SharePoint migration tools
- Migration Tool in SharePoint: Top 3 SharePoint Migration Tools (Metalogix, Sharegate, FME migration-center)
- 25+ effective quick checklists for SharePoint migration (speed up SharePoint migration)
- Top 28 Keys in SharePoint Migration: Basic tips and tricks in migration project
- Create a migration task with Migration Manager