6,152 total views, 4 views today
While creating the calculated column in SharePoint, sometimes we may get the below error:
“Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: ‘An unexpected error occurred (file ‘tmmdmodeltm.cpp’, line LineNumber, function ‘MDModelTM::CreateHierIterRequest’).”
In this post, I will show how to fix “failed to save modifications to the server” error while creating the calculated column.
The root cause of the error:
Assume that you use a database with a compatibility level set to 1200 in Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Analysis Service (SSAS 2016) tabular model. When you process a table that has calculated columns or calculated tables, you may fail to save your modifications to the server and receive an error message that resembles the following:
This issue is fixed in the following cumulative update for SQL Server:
Thus, in this troubleshooting technique, we have learned about how to fix t “failed to save modifications to the server” error while creating the calculated column in SharePoint.
- Office 365: Getting started with SharePoint PnP PowerShell – installation
- In 2 steps convert a classic SharePoint page to modern using PnP
- Office 365: Retrieve hub sites and associated sites using PnP Powershell
- Create a modern team site using PnP PowerShell in SharePoint
- In 4 steps access SharePoint online data using postman tool
- SharePoint admin center: Learn SharePoint online administration in an hour – step by step
- SharePoint REST API: GET vs POST vs PUT vs DELETE vs PATCH
- Office 365: Understanding the hub site in SharePoint online