44,651 total views, 7 views today
In just 2 marvelous steps export import Power Automate flow – in this article, we will learn how to Export and Import Power Automate across the environments. Exporting and Importing is a vital aspect we need to have in the software development life cycle when it comes to re-usability of the package or deployment from one environment to another environment here I recommend to call as from one tenant to another tenant as we are working on in SharePoint online.
In the below sections, we will explain how we can export and import Power Automate (Microsoft flow).
Prerequisites: Export Import Power Automate flow
1. Developers should know how to create MS flow and run it from SharePoint Online.
2. Create a “Customers” custom list on your site.
3. Need to create the below columns:
3.1. Title – rename to “Customer ID”
3.2. Customer Name
3.3. Customer City
3.4. Phone Number
3.5. Email ID
Note: All columns are “Single line of text” type.
Export Power automate flow (Export Import Power Automate flow)
Go to the below link:
Note: In the above URL is dynamic, as I have registered my tenant using the Indian time zone and accessing from India, it displays as India.
You will be rendered the below page, select your flow as per the below navigation which you want to export.
Give the name of the package.
This will be downloaded to your local “Downloads” folder:
Import Power Automate flow (Export Import Power Automate flow)
Navigate to the below page:
Click on the “Import” button as highlighted below.
Click on the “Upload” button.
Select your downloaded flow zip file and wait for some time, you will see the status message at the bottom of the page.
After sometimes you will be landed on the below page:
Note: By default, the “Import” button will be in disabled mode – in order to enable it we need to click on all the values of the “IMPORT SETUP” column as highlighted above:
For example, click on the “Update” from the “IMPORT SETUP” column, then click on the “Save” button as below and follow the same for all other “IMPORT SETUP” values.
Now the “Import” button is enabled:
Wait for some time – you can see the import successful message and then click on the “Open flow” link.
In the new window, you can see your flow as below.
1. Select your site and “Customers” list from the “When a new item is created” and “Get Items” action.
2. Change your email id in “Send an email action” and save the flow that’s it.
Finally, we need to test the imported flow, the way we test other normal flows.
Summary: Export Import Power Automate Flow
Thus, in this article we have learned about – how to Export and Import Microsoft Team Flows (Power Automate) across the environment in the Office 365 tenant.
See Also: SharePoint Online tutorial for developers
You may also like the below SharePoint Online tutorials:
- Office 365: Getting started with SharePoint PnP PowerShell – installation
- In 2 steps convert a classic SharePoint page to modern using PnP
- Office 365: Retrieve hub sites and associated sites using PnP Powershell
- Create a modern team site using PnP PowerShell in SharePoint
- In 4 steps access SharePoint online data using postman tool
- SharePoint admin center: Learn SharePoint online administration in an hour – step by step
- SharePoint REST API: GET vs POST vs PUT vs DELETE vs PATCH
- Office 365: Understanding the hub site in SharePoint online