9,226 total views, 5 views today
The page ‘catalogs/DeviceChannelMappings.aspx’ allows a limit of 11 – I was fixing the SharePoint 2016 search issue where I was getting the below error while searching anything in the SharePoint 2016 search box:
“The base type ‘Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Internal.UI.SearchResultsLayoutPage’ is not allowed for this page. The type Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Internal.UI.SearchResultsLayoutPage, Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c could not be found or it is not registered as safe.”
Then got some solutions from Google, where it was mentioned we need to add the below entries on the web. config file of the issued particular web application:
<SafeControls> <SafeControl Assembly="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" Namespace="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Internal.UI" TypeName="*" Safe="True" /> </SafeControls> <PageParserPaths> <PageParserPath VirtualPath="/*" CompilationMode="Always" AllowServerSideScript="True" IncludeSubFolders="true" /> </PageParserPaths>
Once I added the above entry to the web. config file, it triggered another issue
Sorry, something went wrong The page '/_catalogs/masterpage/__DeviceChannelMappings.aspx' allows a limit of 11 direct dependencies, and that limit has been exceeded.
Then, how to fix this issue?
Solution: The page ‘catalogs/DeviceChannelMappings.aspx’ allows a limit of 11
The above problem easily can be fixed by editing the web. config file.
If you insert more than 10 user controls on a master page, we might get an error similar to this:
The page ‘/_catalogs/masterpage/__somefile.aspx’ allows a limit of 11 direct dependencies, and that limit has been exceeded.
We can easily increase this “DirectFileDependencies” limit from the SharePoint web. config file.
Steps to edit web.config file in SharePoint
- Browse to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\ (in Web Front End Server)
- Open the folder corresponding to your Sharepoint web application.
- Edit the web. config file.
- Search for the text “safemode“.
- Change the property DirectFileDependencies from 10 to a value your choice, here I have changed the value from 10 to 20, the default value is 10.
<SafeMode MaxControls = "200" CallStack = "true" DirectFileDependencies = "20" TotalFileDependencies = "50" AllowPageLevelTrace = "false" >
6. Perform an iisreset command and that’s it, the issue will be fixed.
Summary: The page ‘catalogs/DeviceChannelMappings.aspx’ allows a limit of 11
Thus, in this article, we have learned about how to fix the “The page ‘/_catalogs/masterpage/__somefile.aspx’ allows a limit of 11 direct dependencies, and that limit has been exceeded.”
See Also: The page ‘catalogs/DeviceChannelMappings.aspx’ allows a limit of 11
You may also like the below SharePoint troubleshooting articles:
- [Fixed]: Missing Site Assets Library in SharePoint Online
- How to fix Open with Explorer issues in SharePoint Online?
- [Fixed]: How to fix No gulpfile found in SPFx framework project
- [Fixed] Error – activate the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature in SharePoint Online site
- [Fixed] Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl”in reading web part properties!
- [Fixed]: The page could not be created. Custom Scripting might be deactivated on the destination site or you might not have sufficient permissions.
- [Fixed] The upgraded database schema doesn’t match the TargetSchema(Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products)
- [Fixed] “Sorry, something went wrong. There was an exception in the Database” (SharePoint Server Error)
- [Fixed] How to fix the “Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is ‘500’ in SharePoint 2016 Search error.”?
- [Fixed] How to fix the wrong tenant credential error in SharePoint online?
- [Fixed] How to fix request timed out error in SharePoint 2016 search (There was no endpoint listening)?
- [Fixed] How to Fix a SharePoint 404 Error in sub site After Restoring a Content Database?
- Overview of search architecture in SharePoint Server