118,308 total views, 108 views today
Today we’ll learn how we can navigate to SharePoint specific page thru the shortcut URL (31 Useful Famous SharePoint URLs & Locations) instead of the traditional way of navigating.
Table of Contents:
- Why do we need to know the shortcut URL?
- Step by step explanation of shortcut URL
- Summary – What we had here?
Being an administrator or power user it is recommended to have or know about the shortcut URL this will save them time and increase the productivity instead of going thru the traditional navigation.
Why do we need to know the shortcut URL (Example: SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure)?
Due to some reason when our traditional way of navigation does not work, the shortcut URL is the only way to proceed on otherwise we need to take the PowerShell approach which needs coding effort. There are many scenarios where traditional navigation fails (in exceptional scenarios not always ). For example – we need to change the master page – for this even though the “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” is activated in site collection level but we won’t be seeing the change master page UI from the Site setting page – in this case, we need to access the shortcut URL of changing the master page. One more example – in many cases due to browser rendering issue we won’t be able to click on the edit page link to modify the web part – then we need to access the web part page URL directly.
So if we are handy with shortcut URLs – we can navigate to any administrative page directly.
Step by step explanation of shortcut URL
In the below process, we’ll learn about the various SharePoint administrative pages and their usages.
1. Page Name: Site Settings in site settings SharePoint
Description: This is to manage the site settings.
2 Page Name: Site contents URL sharepoint
Description : This is to view the site contents, example: List/Library etc.
Example: ” https://sprnd.sharepoint.com/sites/TestSite001/_layouts/viewlsts.aspx”
3. Page Name: Site content and structure in Sharepoint Online
Description: This is to view the site report and hierarchy of the sites.
4. Page Name: Solution gallery sharepoint online URL
Description : This is to manage the solution(sandbox) – we can upload or delete or activate solution.
Syntax: ” /_catalogs/solutions/”
5. Page Name: Site content type SharePoint online URL
Description: This is a central place to manage the content type, here we can create, delete content type, etc.
Example: ” https://sprnd.sharepoint.com/sites/TestSite001/_layouts/mngctype.aspx/“
6. Page Name: Site collection level recycle bin URL
Description : This is the place where site collection administrator can manage the recycle bin data at the site collection level.
- First Stage Recycle Bin URL: /_layouts/15/AdminRecycleBin.aspx?View=1
- Second Stage Recycle Bin URL: /_layouts/15/AdminRecycleBin.aspx?View=2
- The default retention time for both first and second stage recycle bin is 93 days.
7. Page Name: Manage site columns URL in SharePoint
Description: This is the place where we can create, update, delete site columns, and assign the columns to the content type.
8. Page Name: Site-level recycle bin URL in SharePoint online
Description: This is called site or user-level recycle bin, using this page end users can restore their deleted items.
9. Page Name: User alerts in SharePoint online URL
Description : Using this page we can mange the site level alerts.
10. Page Name: Quick launch settings sharepoint URL
Description : Using this page we can configure and manage navigation in quick launch.
11. Page Name: Navigation settings in SharePoint online URL
Description: Using this page we can configure and manage the global navigation.
12. Page Name: Site usage report SharePoint online URL
Description : This gives the summary of web analytical reports for the site.
13. Page Name: Site collection features in SharePoint URL
Description : Using this page we can manage the site collection level features.
Here “Site” is a case sensitive, it should be same as above “Site”
14. Page Name: Site features in SharePoint online URL
Description: Using this page we can manage the site(web) level feature.
Url: /_layouts/15/ManageFeatures.aspx?Scope=Web or /_layouts/15/ManageFeatures.aspx
Here “Web” is a case sensitive, it should be same as above “Web”
15. Page Name: SharePoint server versions URL
Description: This will give the information about which version of the SharePoint server is running.
16. Page Name: Web Part Page Maintenance
Description: Using this page we can maintain the web part like add, delete, etc.
17. Page Name: Change site master page SharePoint 2013 URL
Description: Using this page we can change the site master and system master page and also CSS file.
- Site Master Page represents the user.
- System Master Page represents for Administrator.
- To open this URL successfully we must activate the site collection level feature “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” otherwise we’ll get an error.
18. Page Name: Create aspx page in SharePoint online
Description: A master place to create all types of SharePoint objects like – Libraries, Custom Lists, Pages and Sites, Communication, and Tracking.
19. Page Name: SharePoint online audit log reports URL
Description: Using this report page we can generate or export all types of events that occurred in the SharePoint list/library etc. to excel.
20. Page Name: SharePoint online storage metrics URL
Description: Using this report page we can see which list or library has consumed how much memory in a site collection and gives information about total occupied GB and allocated GB with the last modified date-time information.
21. Page Name: Site hierarchy in SharePoint URL
Description: Using this page we can list out all sites and subsites and manage those sites from here.
22. Page Name: Enable Filter to the list view thru browser URL in SharePoint
Description: If we want to apply a filter to the list/library view directly thru the URL, just at the end of the URL, we need to append the below.
23. Page Name: Your apps in SharePoint online URL
Description: Using this page we can add SharePoint inbuilt app like list/library, SharePoint Store apps, and also we can manage the app license.
24. Page Name: App registration in SharePoint online URL
Description: Using this page we can generate the app client id and client secret id, these ids will be used while authenticating the SharePoint from other environment examples: Azure.
25. Page Name: Taxonomy hidden list SharePoint online URL
Description: This is a hidden list – when we deal with managed metadata columns, sometimes we may need to refer to this list.
26. Page Name: Web part page edit mode URL in SharePoint online
Description : Using this page directly we can open the web part page in edit mode and add the web part into the page.
27. Page Name: Save site as template SharePoint online URL
Description: Using this page we can create a template out of the existing site and using the created template we can create other new sites.
28. Page Name: User information list in SharePoint online URL
Description: This is a hidden list -using this page we can get all users details. For example, if we want to get particular user details based on the ID using the REST query, we need to hit this list.
29. Page Name: Master page gallery in SharePoint 2013 URL
Description: This is the master page gallery – using this library we can manage all master pages to the site.
29. Page Name: Site collection administrators URL in SharePoint online
Description: This is the site collection administrator page where we can assign the site collection administrator role to the user. This shortcut URL will be helpful when sometimes due to some reason we won’t be able to navigate to this page thru site setting navigation.
30. Page Name: SharePoint “All People” Groups URL
Description : Using this page we can delete user from site collection..
SharePoint Shortcut URL Table
|No||Page Name||Page Url|
|3||Site Content and Structure Manager||/_layouts/sitemanager.aspx|
|5||Site Content Types||/_layouts/mngctype.aspx|
|6||Site Collection Level Recycle Bin||/_layouts/15/AdminRecycleBin.aspx
First Stage Recycle Bin:
Second Stage Recycle Bin:
|7||Manage Site Columns||/_layouts/mngfield.aspx|
|8||Site Level Recycle Bin||/_layouts/RecycleBin.aspx|
|10||Quick Launch settings||/_layouts/quiklnch.aspx|
|13||Site Collection Features||/_layouts/ManageFeatures.aspx?Scope=Site
Note: Here “Site” is case sensitive, it should be same as above “Site“
Note: Like above here also “Web” is case sensitive, it should be same as above “Web“
|15||SharePoint Server Version||/_vti_pvt/Service.cnf
Note: This URL only will work in SharePoint On-Premise.
|16||Web Part Page Maintenance||?Contents=1|
|17||Change Site Master Page||/_layouts/ChangeSiteMasterPage.aspx
To open this URL successfully we must activate the site collection level feature “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” otherwise we’ll get an error.
|22||Enable Filter to the list view thru browser||?filter=1|
|25||Taxonomy Hidden List||/lists/taxonomyhiddenlist/allItems.aspx|
|26||Web part page edit mode||?toolpaneview=2|
|27||Site save as template||/_layouts/15/savetmpl.aspx|
|28||User Information List||/_catalogs/users/detail.aspx|
|29||Master Page Gallery||/_catalogs/masterpage/Forms/AllItems.aspx|
|30||Site Collection Administrators||/_layouts/15/mngsiteadmin.aspx|
- The above URLs will work in all the versions of SharePoint except some URLs those are only compatible with SharePoint Online.
- Based on the version of SharePoint we need to change the layout path like below: 2.1 SharePoint Online,SharePoint 2016/2013=15 2.2 SharePoint 2010=14 2.3 SharePoint 2007=12
Summary – What we had here?
Hence, in this article we have learned about the SharePoint shortcut URLs and their usages, I will keep updating this article whenever I see the new one.
- Office 365: Getting started with SharePoint PnP PowerShell – installation
- In 2 steps convert a classic SharePoint page to modern using PnP
- Office 365: Retrieve hub sites and associated sites using PnP Powershell
- Create a modern team site using PnP PowerShell in SharePoint
- In 4 steps access SharePoint online data using postman tool
- SharePoint admin center: Learn SharePoint online administration in an hour – step by step
- SharePoint REST API: GET vs POST vs PUT vs DELETE vs PATCH
- Office 365: Understanding the hub site in SharePoint online