5,607 total views, 8 views today
As we know that we can create a folder in SharePoint document library – this is the traditional way of creating the folder in SharePoint but we can create a folder inside SharePoint list as well. I will show here how we can create a folder in SharePoint list.
Navigate to list setting page -> Advanced Settings – from this page under the “Folders” section change the “Make “New Folder” Command available?” to “Yes” by default this setting will be “No”.
Test the folder creation option:
Now navigate to “All Items” view of the list – we can see “New Folder” creation button is enabled now, using that I have created this “Test” folder.
Folders are not available in all list templates:
Folders are not available in all list templates. The below list types do not support folders:
- Survey and
Folders option is available in Custom List template:
In custom list template, we have the folders option available.
In this post, we have learned the below topics:
- How to enable the “New Folder” Creation Option in SharePoint custom list.
- How to Create a New Folder in SharePoint list.
- Which are the lists templates do not have folder creation option.
- Which list template has folder creation option.
- Office 365: Getting started with SharePoint PnP PowerShell – installation
- In 2 steps convert a classic SharePoint page to modern using PnP
- Office 365: Retrieve hub sites and associated sites using PnP Powershell
- Create a modern team site using PnP PowerShell in SharePoint
- In 4 steps access SharePoint online data using postman tool
- SharePoint admin center: Learn SharePoint online administration in an hour – step by step
- SharePoint REST API: GET vs POST vs PUT vs DELETE vs PATCH
- Office 365: Understanding the hub site in SharePoint online
Free download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration eBook(238 Pages)
Get the PDF eBook from here:
[purchase_link id="0" style="button" color="blue" text="Free Download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration"]
Send download link to: