1,329 total views, 11 views today
Recently I was working with the SharePoint modernization scanner tool, where one of the authentication methods was “Azure ACS App Only”. I am very hands-on to generate the client id and client secret because previously many times I did that, so with the confidence, I started generating the client ID and client secret ID, unfortunately, ended up with the error “Your tenant administrator has to approve this app”, so, in this troubleshooting, I will share how to fix this issue.
I went to the “https://globalsharepoint2020.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/appregnew.aspx” page to generate the client ID, and was successfully able to generate the below client id and client secret:
The app identifier has been successfully created.
SharePoint Scanner Tool
Then I went to the https://globalsharepoint2020.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/appinv.aspx page to register the app permission XML, there I stuck up, once I entered the below permission XML:
<AppPermissionRequests AllowAppOnlyPolicy="true"> <AppPermissionRequest Scope="http://sharepoint/content/tenant" Right="FullControl" /> </AppPermissionRequests>
After adding the above app permission XML, click on the “Create” button.
We will get the below error message:
Do you trust SharePoint Scanner Tool?
Your tenant administrator has to approve this app.
Let it have full control of all site collections.
Let it share its permissions with other users.
Let it access basic information about the users of this site.
Note – here “Trust it” button is disabled.
How to fix this “Your tenant administrator has to approve this app” error?
No worries, you don’t need to go to tenant administrator to fix this issue, you yourself could fix this. 🙂
Just we need to change site URL to SharePoint admin center URL like below:
Now, click on the “Create” button.
Then, we could see that the “Trust it” button is enabled, and once we click on it, the tenant scope permission request XML will be registered.
In tenant scope permission request XML, we must pass the SharePoint online admin center URL, otherwise we cannot register the tenant scope app permission.
Thus, in this troubleshooting technique, we have learned about how to fix “Your tenant administrator has to approve this app” in the office 365 tenant.
You may also like the below SharePoint troubleshooting articles:
- [Fixed]: How to fix No gulpfile found in SPFx framework project
- [Fixed] Error – activate the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature in SharePoint Online site
- [Fixed] Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl”in reading web part properties!
- [Fixed]: The page could not be created. Custom Scripting might be deactivated on the destination site or you might not have sufficient permissions.
- [Fixed] The upgraded database schema doesn’t match the TargetSchema(Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products)
- [Fixed] “Sorry, something went wrong. There was an exception in the Database” (SharePoint Server Error)
- [Fixed] How to fix the “Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is ‘500’ in SharePoint 2016 Search error.”?
- [Fixed] How to fix the wrong tenant credential error in SharePoint online?
- [Fixed] How to fix request timed out error in SharePoint 2016 search (There was no endpoint listening)?
- [Fixed] How to Fix a SharePoint 404 Error in sub site After Restoring a Content Database?
Free download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration eBook(238 Pages)
Get the PDF eBook from here:
[purchase_link id="0" style="button" color="blue" text="Free Download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration"]
Send download link to: