6,228 total views, 2 views today
In this article we will learn that how we can disable or enable attachments to list items in SharePoint Online.
By default attachments are enabled in SharePoint list. So while create a new item we get the “attach File” button in the ribbon.
However, we can control the “Attach File” button, I mean we can disable or enable attachments to list items both in SharePoint Online and SharePoint On-Premise.
Lets see how we can do this. Navigate to the list setting page -> Advanced settings – click here.
Go to the “Attachments” section – by default attachments will be enabled as below:
- Attachments to list items are: Enabled
Change the above “Attachments” section – to disabled as below:
- Attachments to list items are: Disabled
Click on OK button from the bottom of the page.
Please read the below message carefully – before disabling, if we have any attachments already in that particular list, all attachments will be deleted. If you are fine with this then only click Ok.
Navigate to All Items view of the same list – click new item button, we can see “Attach File” button is not available anymore in the ribbon.
Hence, in this article we have learned the below:
- How to disable or enable attachments to list items in SharePoint lists.
- How to enable attachments in SharePoint online list.
- How to disable attachments in SharePoint online list.
- Office 365: Getting started with SharePoint PnP PowerShell – installation
- In 2 steps convert a classic SharePoint page to modern using PnP
- Office 365: Retrieve hub sites and associated sites using PnP Powershell
- Create a modern team site using PnP PowerShell in SharePoint
- In 4 steps access SharePoint online data using postman tool
- SharePoint admin center: Learn SharePoint online administration in an hour – step by step
- SharePoint REST API: GET vs POST vs PUT vs DELETE vs PATCH
- Office 365: Understanding the hub site in SharePoint online
Free download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration eBook(238 Pages)
Get the PDF eBook from here:
[purchase_link id="0" style="button" color="blue" text="Free Download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration"]
Send download link to: