93,815 total views, 11 views today
Sometimes due to some reason when SharePoint developer is shared only with SharePoint site URL and list id – using these two combinations, they need to generate the default view URL. Then how can we construct the list URL? I will show here in this post how we can get SharePoint list URL by list ID in steps.
I know my site url and list ID as below:
Construct the URL to get the “list title” from list edit page like below:
From the above step 1 got the list title as “Test List” as an example.
Now let’s generate the default list view URL as like below:
Syntax: “Site URL”+”/Lists/”+ListTitle (we got it from the above step 1)
Now let’s access this URL – we will land into the default list view page like below:
Using PowerShell command Get SharePoint List Title by ID:
Apparently, using the simple below PowerShell command also we can get the List Title by List ID and construct the URL accordingly:
Thus, in this article, we have learned how to get the SharePoint list URL by the list ID.
- Office 365: Getting started with SharePoint PnP PowerShell – installation
- In 2 steps convert a classic SharePoint page to modern using PnP
- Office 365: Retrieve hub sites and associated sites using PnP Powershell
- Create a modern team site using PnP PowerShell in SharePoint
- In 4 steps access SharePoint online data using postman tool
- SharePoint admin center: Learn SharePoint online administration in an hour – step by step
- SharePoint REST API: GET vs POST vs PUT vs DELETE vs PATCH
- Office 365: Understanding the hub site in SharePoint online