2,167 total views, 10 views today
A couple of days back we have seen an error “Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run” while trying to publish the SharePoint designer workflow. The error details were – “Unexpected error on server associating the workflow”
This error we have noticed in the workflow of the SharePoint 2010 version but it could be in other versions of SharePoint as well.
How to fix the “Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run” error?
Go to the “Workflow settings” page from the list settings page.
Click on the “Remove, Block, or Restore a Workflow” link.
Locate the workflow which causing this issue. There we might see – there were many versions of the same workflow that have been published – so we should remove all previous versions of the workflow.
Click Ok button.
Now, go to the Sharepoint designer and publish the workflow again – this time we will not face this issue.
- The above error could be due to other reasons as well – but this is one of the reasons.
Thus in this SharePoint troubleshooting, we have learned how to fix the “Errors were found when compiling the workflow. The workflow files were saved but cannot be run” error.
You may also like the below SharePoint troubleshooting articles:
- [Fixed] Error – activate the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature in SharePoint Online site
- [Fixed] Server relative urls must start with SPWeb.ServerRelativeUrl”in reading web part properties!
- [Fixed]: The page could not be created. Custom Scripting might be deactivated on the destination site or you might not have sufficient permissions.
- [Fixed] The upgraded database schema doesn’t match the TargetSchema(Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products)
- [Fixed] “Sorry, something went wrong. There was an exception in the Database” (SharePoint Server Error)
- [Fixed] How to fix the “Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is ‘500’ in SharePoint 2016 Search error.”?
- [Fixed] How to fix the wrong tenant credential error in SharePoint online?
- [Fixed] How to fix request timed out error in SharePoint 2016 search (There was no endpoint listening)?
- [Fixed] How to Fix a SharePoint 404 Error in sub site After Restoring a Content Database?
Free download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration eBook(238 Pages)
Get the PDF eBook from here:
[purchase_link id="0" style="button" color="blue" text="Free Download SharePoint Online & Office 365 Administration"]
Send download link to: