8,423 total views, 16 views today
In SharePoint, sometimes, we may get this error “Server Error in ‘/’ Application. Runtime Error”. When we try to access any of the SharePoint sites, including the central administration site, we will get the below error description:
Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off". <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration>
For the above error, the reason could be many. One of the vital reasons is SharePoint server lost connection to the SQL database server due to the network issue, so we need to focus on to the test the network connectivity from all SharePoint servers (APP, WFE) to the Database servers. If your network connectivity is fine or your database server cluster services are running fine, then we will not face this issue.
Thus in this article, we have learned about how to fix the “Server Error in ‘/’ Application. Runtime Error” in SharePoint.
You may also look into the below SharePoint search troubleshooting articles:
- [Fixed]: Script is not digitally signed. You cannot run this script on the current system
- [Fixed]: Fix your SharePoint 2016 Search after installing security update
- [Fixed]: Full crawler is running but no items are shown in content source crawl log – SharePoint 2016
- [Fixed]: Incremental and Full crawl is not running automatically in SharePoint 2016
- Re-Provisioning SharePoint Search Service Application using PowerShell
- [Fixed]: Restore the timer service in SharePoint Server using PowerShell script
- Product Version Job: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute
- [Fixed]: The page ‘catalogs/DeviceChannelMappings.aspx’ allows a limit of 11
- [Fixed]: The base type ‘.Search.UI.SearchResultsLayoutPage’ is not allowed for this page
- Custom search result page in SharePoint Online – SPFx PnP Modern Search solution
- [Fixed] How to fix the “Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is ‘500’ in SharePoint 2016 Search error.”?
- [Fixed] How to fix request timed out error in SharePoint 2016 search (There was no endpoint listening)?