33,498 total views, 15 views today
In this “Create folder in SharePoint list” article, we will learn how to how create folder in SharePoint List. As we know that we can create a folder in the SharePoint document library – this is the traditional way of creating the folder in SharePoint but we can create a folder inside the SharePoint custom list as well. We will show here how we can create a folder in the SharePoint custom list.
How to create folder in SharePoint List step by step
Navigate to the list setting page -> Advanced Settings – from this page under the “Folders” section change the “Make “New Folder” Command available?” to “Yes” by default this setting will be “No”.
How to create folder in SharePoint List – Test the folder creation option
Now navigate to the “All Items” view of the list – we can see the “New Folder” creation button is enabled now, using I have created this “Test” folder.
SharePoint Online list template Gallery: Folders are not available in all list templates
Folders are not available in all list templates. The below list types do not support folders:
- Survey and
Custom list templates SharePoint: Folders option is available in Custom List template
In the custom list template, we have the folders option available.
Summary: How to create folder in SharePoint List
In this post, we have learned the below topics:
- How to enable the “New Folder” Creation Option in the SharePoint custom list.
- How to Create a New Folder in SharePoint list.
- Which are the lists templates that do not have a folder creation option?
- Which list template has a folder creation option?
See Also: SharePoint Online tutorial for beginners step by step
You may also like the below SharePoint Online tutorials:
- Office 365: Getting started with SharePoint PnP PowerShell – installation
- In 2 steps convert a classic SharePoint page to modern using PnP
- Office 365: Retrieve hub sites and associated sites using PnP Powershell
- Create a modern team site using PnP PowerShell in SharePoint
- In 4 steps access SharePoint online data using postman tool
- SharePoint admin center: Learn SharePoint online administration in an hour – step by step
- SharePoint REST API: GET vs POST vs PUT vs DELETE vs PATCH
- Office 365: Understanding the hub site in SharePoint online
- Customizing “modern” lists and libraries