542 total views, 1 views today
In this article, we will learn how to copy and paste action in power automate in just 2 steps. Sometimes, very simple things make us annoyed if we don’t the process. In Power Aumate, copy paste action or step is one among them.
Many times, we need to copy-paste similar actions in Power Automate – mainly if you have many conditional branches, and scope controls, we need to add similar actions and need to configure them repeatedly – it is a kind of duplicate work. For example, sending notifications on Yes or No conditions and in Scope controls whether errors are found or not need to notify the flow owner. In these scenarios, instead of adding and re-configuring the actions, we could copy-paste the actions and re-use them without re-configuring or with little changes in the configuration based on the requirement.
So, let’s learn how to copy-paste the action in Power Automate.
In just 2 steps copy and paste action in power automate using Copy to my clipboard (Preview)
Using the below two steps we can copy and paste action in Power Automate:
- Copy action using the “Copy to my clipboard (Preview)”
- Add action from my clipboard tab
Step 1: Copy action using the “Copy to my clipboard (Preview)”
In any Power Automate actions, we can find the three dots menu, if we click on the three dots we will get the menu items.
Click on the “Copy to my clipboard (Preview)” link option.
Step 2: Add action from my clipboard tab
In the next step, click on the Add an action icon where you want to paste the copied action.
Then the choose an operation window will be opened.
My clipboard tab in Power Automate
Then, click on the “My clipboard” tab.
Under My clipboard, you can find your copied actions.
The action added from my clipboard in Power Automate
Click on your copied action, it will be added to your flow.
- You can leave it as it is the action added from my clipboard or you can do little changes based on your business scenarios.
- Here we have just performed the copy-paste action of the “Send me an email notification” action, however, you can do a copy-paste of any actions in Power Automate.
Copy and Paste action in Power Automate: Clear my clipboard Power Automate
Now, if you have done multiple copy-paste operations in your flow, all your copied actions will be available in the “My clipboard” section and you don’t need them anymore, then how do you clear “My clipboard” from your Power Automate?
As of now, there is no way to clear “My clipboard”, the only way to clear them out is by logging out from your flow session. So, if you want to clear your “My clipboard”, log out from your current session, and login back again, you will not find them anymore.
Summary: Copy and Paste action in Power Automate
Thus, in this article, we have learned how to perform copy and Paste actions in Power Automate in just 2 steps using the copy to my clipboard (preview) feature.
See Also: Power Automate Tutorials
You may also like the below Power Automate Tutorials:
- Exception handling in power automate using Try Catch Finally Scope
- Power Automate[Detailed]: set item level permissions in SharePoint online step by step with HTTP request
- Trigger Power Automate (Flow) based on condition in SharePoint Online
- Power Automate: Difference between Send an email notification (V3) Send an email (V2)
- Learn HTML table formatting using Microsoft Power Automate step by step
- Power Automate: How to Export and Import Microsoft Team Flows across environment
- [Fixed]: Error from token exchange: Bad Key authorization token in Power Automate
- SharePoint Online conditional row formatting based on a LOOKUP column value using JSON
- Scheduler Power Automate: Move Old documents in SharePoint Automatically using Scheduled Cloud Flow
- Conditionally show or hide columns in a SharePoint list
- Validate is it really Power Apps = Low Code No Code? Power Apps low code no code
- Explore Power Automate architecture