353 total views, 6 views today
PowerApps dropdown items – in this PowerApps Tutorial, we will learn about how to change the PowerApps dropdown sample value to custom options or how we can set custom option value in the PowerApps dropdown list. This looks very simple, however, when we go to implement if we technically don’t know, this will stop our work or will take a cumbersome amount of time. Before getting into the actual demo let’s learn about what is dropdown control in PowerApps?
Dropdown control in PowerApps
A dropdown control is a user selection single input in the PowerApps, generally, it is used when we tend to select a single choice from the multiple selections. And also, generally, we cannot type anything into the dropdown list box until we do some workaround.
Key properties in PowerApps dropdown control
Default – This is the default value of the control which is selected by default before the user selects anything.
Items – This is the source of the data which appears in the dropdown list as the choices.
Value – List of columns of data that you want to show in the dropdown control, this is relevant when you have multiple columns in your data source.
Selected – This represents the selected item in the dropdown list.
AllowEmptySelection – This flag enables the user can select an empty choice-value in the dropdown list.
Set custom option value in the PowerApps dropdown list
When we add a new dropdown list in PowerApps, we get the 1,2,3 as the option values, like below:
Let us check how this is implemented.
Select the dropdown list control.
Select the “Items” property and next to the fx function box, we could see the “DropdownSample” which is a PowerApps out-of-the-box data table, the data type of “DropdownSample” is a table.
Now, if we want to change the out-of-the-box sample dropdown option values in PowerApps how to do it – which we have shown in the next dropdown list in the very comparative way.
Let’s look at the second dropdown “Dropdown list with customized value” where we could see custom values like “Option 1”, “Option 2”, “Option 3”.
Now, we will learn how these custom values are added to the PowerApps dropdown list.
Select the “Dropdown list with customized value” dropdown list.
For the “Items” property, add your dropdown list option values like below:
["Option 1","Option 2","Option 3", ".....and so on"]
Add custom option value in PowerApps dropdown list
- The datatype of items properties for the option value is a table.
Summary: What we had here?
Thus in this article, we have learned about how to change PowerApps dropdown sample value to custom options or how to set custom option value in the PowerApps dropdown list.
You may also like the below PowerApps articles:
- How to send email from PowerApps button click?
- How to open outlook from PowerApps step by step?
- Create your first chatbot in PowerApps step by step
- Cascading dropdown in PowerApps using SharePoint data
- CRUD operations in PowerApps using SharePoint online list
- CRUD Operation in PowerApps Using Excel OneDrive
- Phone number and email validation in PowerApps
- Connect to a SharePoint list in PowerApps step by step
- Collection variable in PowerApps
- Understand the difference between Set and UpdateContext function
- String concatenation function in PowerApps
- 3 ways to create Power Apps – Types of Power Apps
- Overview view of PowerApps development environment in Power Platform
- Customize SharePoint List Forms Using PowerApps step by step – Office 365
- Create free development environment using Power Apps Community Plan
- Show or hide columns conditionally in SharePoint list form
- SharePoint Online – Power Automate: How to Export and Import Microsoft Team Flows across environment